- In-and-Out Secret menu (link)
My favourites are the animal-style cheeseburger, plus animal-style fries. This means that you get both the grilled onions and thousand island sauce on both your burger and your fries!
- Clam Chowder
If you’re going to Monterey, Old Fishermen’s Grotto is where you can get the best clam chowder! If not, you can eat a pretty decent one at Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco too.
- Other must-trys restaurant chains:
Five Guys (Fries are great!), Red Lobster (for their free-flow biscuits!), Chick-fil-A (best chicken burger/tenders, and remember to get their signature sauce!). [P.S. Please don’t try Panda Express!]
For everything else, search on the Yelp or Foursquare!
Things to do in SF
- In SF: Cycle across the Golden Gate Bridge from Fisherman’s Wharf to Sausalito, and then take the ferry back. (Check the ferry times and sunset times first! Ferries sometimes don’t operate on public holidays!)
- In SF: Go to Twin Peaks if you have not much time to drive out, or drive up Mount Tamalpais for sunset if you have the time.
- Road Trip must-stops from SF to LA: Eat brunch at 3-Zero Cafe near Half Moon Bay, Natural Bridges State Beach, Santa Cruz Boardwalk (for old school wooden roller coasters), Monterey, 17-mile Drive, Big Sur. Anything else south of Big Sur is not that worth it. Go on 101 or Interstate-5 after Big Sur for a faster drive.
Things to do in LA
- This is the spot to drive to if you want to get closest to the Hollywood Sign without getting into trouble
- Drive up The Getty for another spectacular view of the city.
- Everyone goes to Santa Monica beach/boardwalk for sunsets.
- Check out Newport Beach for the best Fish Tacos at Bear Flag!
- Book a Warner Brothers Backstage tour
- At Disneyland: if you don’t have a ticket, watch free fireworks at the Mickey and Friends multistorey car park
Google Map links with pins of places of interest:
- Highway 1 https://goo.gl/maps/Q8ZRrbZTXLC2
- SF https://goo.gl/maps/GHuGCojQCJG2
- LA https://goo.gl/maps/9y6pwZVG8Dn